Adult Children of Alcoholics and Dysfunctional Families
Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACA or ACoA), is an anonymous 12 Step recovery program for individuals who grew up in alcoholic or otherwise dysfunctional homes. ACA is founded on the belief that family dysfunction is a disease that affected us as children and continues to influence us as adults.
An adult child is someone who meets the demands of life with survival techniques learned as children. Without help, we unknowingly operate with ineffective thoughts and judgments that can sabotage our decisions and relationships.
ACA is not limited to those from alcoholic homes. If you identify with traits from this list, ACA may benefit you.
Ready, Set, Go!! (Series 2 - Session 1 of 4)
Aug 2, La Grange, IL
Local ACA & Intergroup News
New Meetings Listed:
Two of our representatives gave a presentation on what ACA is to 150 Cook County Social Service Case Workers. It was very well received.
Next Intergroup meeting:
Aug 16, 1-3pm , conference call:
530-881-1300, pass code: 434291
Global ACA News
View Adult Children of Alcoholic Meetings - West Great Lakes in a larger map
Sunday 5:30pm - Lake Barrington
28144 W Industrial Ave., Suite 122, Lake Barrington, IL 60010
More meeting infoStillwaters Alano Club- ACA only, Red Text study, wheelchair accessible.
- Turn north off of Hwy 14 onto Pepper Rd. Turn right on Industrial into Pepper Lake Business Center. We're the last door. It's harder to find in the Fall and Winter when it's dark early, so try a trial run during the day.
Contact: Mary Jo
Loyola Academy“Sunday Night Loyola Academy”
- ACAs only
- Just North Of Lake St And West Of 94; Room 174
- ACAs only, Red Book study, discussion
- Near Rohlwing and Northwest Hwy
- Open to all, gay/lesbian, beginners, discussion, book study
- Upstairs on the left
St. Lawrence Episcopal Church- ACAs only, steps, traits, small group discussion, workbook groups, wheel chair access
- Located in downtown Libertyville, one block west of Milwaukee Ave. (21), across from the Cook Library. Park behind church, enter through double doors on left and proceed to basement.
Barrington United Methodist Church- Red text study, discussion, steps
- Near intersection of Route 59 and Route 62
Monday 7:30pm - Arlington Heights
1234 N Arlington Heights Rd., Arlington Heights, IL 60004
More meeting infoOur Saviour's Lutheran Church- ACAs only, beginners, speaker, steps.
- Cross Street Olive-Park In Lot-Enter Left Door, Meeting Rm 4
Hyde Park Union Church- ACAs only, discussion, steps, fellowship text.
- Second floor, enter on Woodlawn, south end of church, third set of doors (at end of path), ring middle buzzer.
St. Luke's Presbyterian Church- ACAs only, steps, book study, fellowship text
- 1 block N of Ogden, 1 block E of Main
Wednesday 7:00-9:00pm - Elk Grove Village
1001 Rohlwing Rd., Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
More meeting infoKenneth Young Center- ACAs only, beginners, steps and character trait.
- NE Corner Of Rohlwing And Nerge
Presbyterian Church of Palatine- ACAs only, speaker, steps, book study
- On the corner of Palatine & Rohlwing roads
St. Gregory's Episcopal Church- ACAs only, 12 Steps, Red Text
- 2nd Floor, Wilmont & Deerfield Roads
Church of St. Paul & the Redeemer- ACAs only, steps, discussion
- Downstairs in the Cecelia room.
Adventist LaGrange Hospital“La Grange ACOA”
- ACAs only, steps, discussion, speaker, Red Book study, wheelchair accessible
- Main Entrance, 1st Floor, Dixon Auditorium
St. Stephen Catholic Church- ACAs only, discussion, book study.
- 175th and 84th Ave.
Thursday 7:00pm - Fifth Avenue United Methodist Church
323 S Fifth Ave, West Bend, WI 53095
More meeting info- NOTE: No meetings during July 2014 because of building repairs.
ACAs only, discussion, steps, book study
- Upstairs In School - Back Door
- ACAs only, steps, book study, characteristics.