Adult Children of Alcoholics and Dysfunctional Families
Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACA or ACoA), is as an anonymous 12 Step recovery program for individuals who grew up in alcoholic or otherwise dysfunctional homes. ACA is founded on the belief that family dysfunction is a disease that affected us as children and continues to influence us as adults.
An adult child is someone who meets the demands of life with survival techniques learned as children. Without help, we unknowingly operate with ineffective thoughts and judgments that can sabotage our decisions and relationships.
ACA is not limited to those from alcoholic homes. If you identify with traits from this list, ACA will benefit you.
Local ACA & Intergroup News
New Meetings Listed:
Please add our website to your meeting's phone lists: westgreatlakesaca.org
Intergroup committees: Hospitals & Institutions, Outreach, and Events
Next Intergroup meeting:
Jun. 22, 1-3pm, conference call:
530-881-1300, pass code 434291
Global ACA News
Contributions needed for ACA meditation book project
Over 1122 ACA meetings world wide!
View a larger map
Sunday 5:30pm - Lake Barrington
28144 W Industrial Ave., Suite 122, Lake Barrington, IL 60010
More meeting infoStillwaters Alano Club- ACA only, steps/characteristics, wheelchair accessible.
- Turn north at the intersection of Hwy 14 and Pepper Rd. Turn right on Industrial Ave. into Pepper Lake Business Center (this is the second left; the first left is an auto body shop.) Stillwaters is the last door at the end of a one story brick building. Helpful hint - do a trial run and find us during the day because we're harder to find in the dark.
Contact: Mary Jo
Loyola Academy“Sunday Night Loyola Academy”
- ACAs only
- Just North Of Lake St And West Of 94; Room 174
- Open to all, gay/lesbian, beginners, discussion, book study
- Upstairs on the left
St. Lawrence Episcopal Church- ACAs only, steps, traits, small group discussion, workbook groups, wheel chair access
- Located in downtown Libertyville, one block west of Milwaukee Ave. (21), across from the Cook Library. Park behind church, enter through double doors on left and proceed to basement.
Monday 7:30pm - Arlington Heights
1234 N Arlington Heights Rd., Arlington Heights, IL 60004
More meeting infoOur Saviour's Lutheran Church- ACAs only, beginners, speaker, steps.
- Cross Street Olive-Park In Lot-Enter Left Door, Meeting Rm 4
St. Luke's Presbyterian Church- ACAs only, steps, book study, fellowship text
- 1 block N of Ogden, 1 block E of Main
Wednesday 7:00-9:00pm - Elk Grove Village
1001 Rohlwing Rd., Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
More meeting infoKenneth Young Center- ACAs only, beginners, steps and character trait.
- NE Corner Of Rohlwing And Nerge
Presbyterian Church of Palatine- ACAs only, speaker, steps, book study
- On the corner of Palatine & Rohlwing roads
St. Gregory's Episcopal Church- ACAs only, 12 Steps, Red Text
- 2nd Floor, Wilmont & Deerfield Roads
Church of St. Paul & the Redeemer- ACAs only, steps, discussion
- Downstairs in the Cecelia room.
Adventist LaGrange Hospital“La Grange ACOA”
- ACAs only, steps, discussion, speaker, Red Book study, wheelchair accessible
- Main Entrance, 1st Floor, Dixon Auditorium
Municipal Building- Discussion, steps, Red Book workshop.
- Upstairs In School - Back Door
- ACAs only, steps, book study, characteristics.
- South of I-80/I-94 on Kennedy Avenue
- ACAs only, discussion, speaker, steps, book study, fellowship text