The 2021 ACA Annual Business Conference will be held on Saturday, April 24th and Sunday, April 25th. In preparation each year the ACA community is given the opportunity to submit proposals to be considered during the Business Conference.
Those proposals have now been returned for our consideration. Each group has an opportunity to determine their own consensus on whether or not each proposal should be on the Conference agenda for consideration. Each meeting is autonomous, so each meeting will have the opportunity to vote online on these proposals from February 15 through March 31.
The ACA WSO offered 3 Town Hall meetings where the proposal submitters were given a chance to give more information about their proposals. Six proposals were presented at each Town Hall.
The Town Halls were held on Jan 24th, Feb 1st and Feb 6th and were recorded for later viewing.
During February and March please take time to consider these proposals in your meeting so you can participate in the direction of the WSO.
You can find links to the recordings of the town hall sessions, the proposals in five different languages and the ballot to record your group’s vote on the ACA WSO website at: https://acawso.org/category/ballot-prep/.
Your group has an opportunity to vote until March 31.
Seems like we just finished the virtual 2020 ABC/AWC and it is time to start preparing for 2021 and this starts with all our participation. With that in mind we received the following invitation from the WSO.
Dear Fellow ACAs,
Each year the ACA WSO holds our Annual Business Conference (ABC) and ACA World Convention (AWC) in April. This coming year they will be held April 22-25, 2021 both virtually and in-person in Boca Raton, Florida.
If your group has an idea that may benefit ACA Worldwide, you can submit it as a Proposal for potential inclusion on the agenda at the ABC. All Proposals will become part of a Ballot published in January.
The specific process and timing are as follows:
If your group feels it may have a Proposal to submit, your first step is to go to the Ballot Prep Committee (BPC) website page https://acawso.org/category/ballot-prep/ to find the following information:
- Proposal Guidelines (including whether it should go to a Committee or be a Proposal)
- A schedule for “Crafting a Proposal” Workshops
When you’re ready to submit your group’s Proposal to be considered for the ABC agenda, do the following:
After you have completed these tasks, the following happens:
- Your Proposal is reviewed by the appropriate committee(s) and trusted servants and, if needed, the intent clarified with your group.
- After a WSO analysis has been added, your Proposal is sent to volunteers for translation.
- Your Proposal is added to the Ballot and sent to all registered groups by January 8, 2021.
- Town Hall meetings will be held in January and February. Your group will be given the opportunity to present your Proposal.
- Ballot voting will be from February 15 through March 31, 2021.
- If your Proposal receives at least a 60% affirmative vote, it will be placed on the agenda for consideration at the 2021 ABC.
If you have any questions about this Proposal process, please send an email to email@example.com.
Yours in Service,
The Ballot Preparation Committee