“Service and Sponsorship in our ACA Journey”
The 12th Annual Conference and Business Meeting of the West Great Lakes ACA Intergroup is scheduled for Saturday, October 21, 2023 from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (Central Time) at Trinity International University in Deerfield, Illinois. All ACA members are welcome. You do not have to be a part of this Intergroup to attend. This will be a hybrid conference with in-person and Zoom options. Registration is required to attend.
This conference incorporates educational presentations; Intergroup reports and Election of Officers. The theme of the conference is “Service and Sponsorship in our ACA Journey” The will be two presentations and one break out session which will explore the roles of service and sponsorship in our ACA work.
- Participating in the Group Conscience Process as an Act of Service with presenter Josh W., Washington, D.C. Josh will discuss the Group Conscience Process (GCP) and how our participating in the GCP aids in our own personal recovery. Small group discussion will follow on how and when we can use GCP in ACA meetings, workshops and personal work.
- Sponsorship Experiences: A panel of sponsors and sponsees will share their experiences with time for questions and answers from conference participants – both in-person and Zoom.
The business portions include:
- the annual West Great Lakes ACA Intergroup (WGLACA) Report,
- the World Service Organization Report
- upcoming WGLACA Workshops, and
- Election of Officers for WGLACA
There will be scheduled breaks and lunch is provided for in-person participants and included in the conference fee.
To Register please go to:
To Register you will be entering our “Shopping Cart” add the event to your cart and then at the top of the page click on “View Cart” and complete your order. If you would be willing to help during the conference add a note when you pay for your order and we’ll contact you.
Please note in order to attend either in person or virtually you must register using the link above. You will need to register for the virtual conference so we have an email address to send the Zoom connection information during the week before the conference. You are still welcome to give the $10 donation when you attend virtually however you may also use the coupon code “2023VirtAC” when you register for no cost registration.
The in-person conference fee is $30 before October 7. After October 7 and at the door it is $40, Zoom Registration is
$10 now free. We encourage you to register and pay conference fee on this secure website. Registration will require your email address so that you may receive conference updates and Zoom ID and Password information. For those attending Virtually, Zoom connection information will be send during the week before the event.
For overnight accommodation, we suggest the La Quinta Inn and Suites (847-317-7300). It is located one block from campus. Ask for West Great Lake ACA discount of $92 per room per night.
If you have questions or need help registering, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org